Consumer acceptability compared with sensory and instrumental measures of white pan bread : Sensory shelf-life estimation by survival analysis.

Dublin Core

Título

Consumer acceptability compared with sensory and instrumental measures of white pan bread : Sensory shelf-life estimation by survival analysis.

Tema

PAN
ANALISIS SENSORIAL
VIDA UTIL
BIBLIOGRAFIA NACIONAL QUIMICA
2004

Abstract

Two studies, one in Uruguay using Uruguayan white pan bread (WPB) and another in Spain using Spanish WPB, were carried out with trained judges and consumers from the country in question. The objectives were to correlate the consumer panel acceptability, trained sensory panel scores, and instrumental measurements of defects likely to appear during WPB storage, to compare the acceptability prediction models obtained in each country, and to apply survival analysis methodology to estimate the shelf life of the product. Logistic regression was used to predict the acceptance percentage and multiple regression was used to predict acceptability. Sensory variables (strange odor) showed a greater prediction capacity for Uruguayan WPB acceptability and acceptance percentage. For the Spanish WPB, instrumental cohesiveness and moisture content variables showed a greater prediction capacity for the acceptance percentage, whereas sensory (cohesiveness and color) and moisture content variables showed a greater prediction capacity for acceptability. Uruguayan WPB shelf life was 15 d for a 50% probability of consumer rejection and 13 d for a 25% probability of consumer rejection, whereas for Spanish WPB it was 23 d for a 50% probability of consumer rejection and 16 d for a 25% probability of consumer rejection.

Autor

Fiszman, S
Varela, P
Salvador, A

Fuente

Journal of Food Science v. 69, no. 9, 2004. -- p. S401-S405

Editor

Wiley

Fecha

2004

Derechos

Información sobre Derechos de Autor

(Por favor lea este aviso antes de abrir los documentos u objetos)

La legislación uruguaya protege el derecho de autor sobre toda creación literaria, científica o artística, tanto en lo que tiene que ver con sus derechos morales, como en lo referente a los derechos patrimoniales con sujeción a lo establecido por el derecho común y las siguientes leyes

(LEY 9.739 DE 17 DE DICIEMBRE DE 1937 SOBRE PROPIEDAD LITERARIA Y ARTISTICA CON LAS MODIFICACIONES INTRODUCIDAS POR LA LEY DE DERECHO DE AUTOR Y DERECHOS CONEXOS No. 17.616 DE 10 DE ENERO DE 2003, LEY 17.805 DE 26 DE AGOSTO DE 2004, LEY 18.046 DE 24 DE OCTUBRE DE 2006 LEY 18.046 DE 24 DE OCTUBRE DE 2006)

ADVERTENCIA - La consulta de este documento queda condicionada a la aceptación de las siguientes condiciones de uso: Este documento es únicamente para usos privados enmarcados en actividades de investigación y docencia. No se autoriza su reproducción con fines de lucro. Esta reserva de derechos afecta tanto los datos del documento como a sus contenidos. En la utilización o cita de partes debe indicarse el nombre de la persona autora.

Formato

PDF

Idioma

Inglés

Tipo

Artículo

Identificador

DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.2004.tb09957.x

Document Item Type Metadata

Original Format

PDF
Fecha de agregación
April 17, 2015
Colección
Bibliografía Nacional Química
Tipo de Elemento
Document
Etiquetas
, ,
Citación
Gambaro García, Adriana, “Consumer acceptability compared with sensory and instrumental measures of white pan bread : Sensory shelf-life estimation by survival analysis.,” RIQUIM - Repositorio Institucional de la Facultad de Química - UdelaR, accessed December 1, 2020, http://riquim.fq.edu.uy/items/show/2803.
Archivos